Friday, May 14, 2010

get out your permission slips!

Field trips were always my favorite part of elementary school.  Nothin like a yellow school bus combined with the smell of sunscreen and lunchables.  Growing up in Houston we always went to NASA and thought it was cool to buy the freeze-dried ice cream.  It tasted horrible, but the astronauts ate it, and that was enough.

Today we had the bus. No sunscreen, no lunchable (I know, bummer...)  We took the art group to the McNay in San Antonio....it was nothing short of remarkable.  A fabulous museum docent gave us a tour of the establishment (and gave me hope that there is always a lot of life to live, no matter how old you are!)

One of the most beautiful parts of the whole thing is the building itself.  I've included a few highlights from the ole iPhone, but you'll be missing more than good paintings if you don't see the magnificent McNay for yourself.



As always after a trip like this I ask myself, why don't I go to museums more often?  Living so close to SA and Austin, it seems that I should take more advantage of the wealth of culture around me.  Ah well, for tonight I'll just lather up a little 70 SPF and call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment