Monday, May 10, 2010

meryl-y meryl-y meryl-y, life is but a dream

Some people have summer reading lists.  I've tried that before, and usually don't make much progress.  The problem with reading is that I almost compulsively need to be around other people at most times of the day.  You never see people crowded around a restaurant table snacking on salsa and reading the latest Sedaris.  It's a solitary endeavor, the reading list.

So I have something else in mind.  Ever since a certain Modern Family episode I've had Meryl Streep on the brain.  Take her or leave her, but you can't deny that she's absolutely fabulous.  "Whether she's divorcing Kramer, whether she's wearing Prada...she's perfection."  My goal? To run up a serious tab at Blockbuster renting all things Meryl.  I'm seriously considering a Netflix account.

First up: Kramer vs. Kramer (1979)
On deck: The River Wild (1994)

No comments:

Post a Comment